Chicago area composers

Home Forums Public Discussion Chicago area composers

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Elliot N Callighan 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hi GANG members. I’m relocating to the Chicago area and was wondering if there were any experienced game composers that would be interested in meeting up and allow me the opportunity to pick their brain in exchange for lunch/dinner.

I also wanted to see if there were any that might possibly be interested in taking on an intern/apprentice/protégé. I’d love to get into the field and think that studying or working with someone would be a great opportunity to learn how the industry works.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

– jb

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Elliot N Callighan
    Participant

Hi Jeremy!

I’m in Chicago, just north of Wrigleyville. It seems we’re both in the same boat in terms of our career. I’m up for grabbing some food sometime if you are – never know how we may help each other out!

Hi Elliot,

Thanks for your e-mail. I currently live in Tinley Park but work up near Wrigleyville most weekends. I’ll also be in Chicago next week for Midwest, which is a big band conference. What’s your schedule look like for Thursdays-Saturdays?

– jb

Elliot N Callighan
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

Right now I’m away for military training but will be back March 1st…guess I should have mentioned that when I first responded. If you’ll be around I can contact you when we get a bit closer to that time.

Yeah, that works. Looking forward to it.

Elliot N Callighan
    Participant

Hey Jeremy,

Got home yesterday and wanted to see if you’re able to meet. I leave for GDC next weekend so let me know if sometime next week works or if we should wait til after the conference.

Talk soon,
    Elliot

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.