Reply To: Hi, my name is John.

Home Forums Community Affairs General Discussion Hi, my name is John. Reply To: Hi, my name is John.

Jesse Harlin
Participant

Hey, John. Nice to meet you and welcome to GANG. You’re just beginning on this road and, as someone who’s been in the industry for 15 years, I can tell you that it’s a long road. So, don’t get discouraged.

As to why you might not have heard from people after 200 messages out to companies, some perspective: Without a doubt, the number one discipline that companies get flooded with resumes for are composers. They get hundreds of them each year and the vast majority of them have to get sorted and looked at by 1 or 2 folks. Even then, they might night be allowed to look at your resume. Some companies strictly forbid unsolicited demos, meaning that they won’t listen to your work if they haven’t requested it.

One thing I’d recommend, though, get yourself a SoundCloud account and set up a playlist demo of your stuff. I tried to follow that link to your portfolio only to find it then pointed me to YouTube only to find that I had to watch the videos and try and hear where your music might be in it. People looking to listen to your demo don’t want to and won’t work that hard to try and hear your stuff. Make it easier for them. Point them towards a SoundCloud playlist.

– Jess