Reply To: TUTORIAL: Expression Control in Kontakt (intermediate/advanced)

Home Forums Workshop Tech & Theory TUTORIAL: Expression Control in Kontakt (intermediate/advanced) Reply To: TUTORIAL: Expression Control in Kontakt (intermediate/advanced)

There is only one part of this that I don’t quite understand –

Now we just have to get those individual groups to crossfade appropriately. Go back to the Group Editor make sure “Edit All Groups” is ON, choose the “p” group, go down to the Amplifier and click to open the Modulation. Add a MIDI CC modulator, it’ll default to CC1 (modwheel). Then add another one, again CC1. Don’t touch any sliders or knobs yet, because with “Edit All Groups” on, that has a good chance of screwing up the order if you have multiple controllers. So go and turn “Edit All Groups” back OFF, come back to the Amp mod, and move one of the CC1 sliders down to about 50%. Do the same for the “f” group, so that they both have one CC1 at 100% and another at 50%. It should now look something like this:

I’ve selected all samples, made the velocity range 1-127, ensured Edit All Groups is ON… now here’s where I get confused. Do I go back to the mapping editor, select all of the “p” samples, then open the mod panel and create TWO CC1s, turn off Edit All Groups, and set one at 50% and another at 100%?

Then do I turn Edit All Groups back on, go back to the mapping editor, select all of the “F” samples, and do the same thing (two more CC1s, turn off all groups, set the levels)? This would give me four CC1s, but the images in this tutorial only ever show two Midi CCs (three if we count the one set to channel 11).

I understand everything that follows – setting up the filters, adding the lag and the legato scripting… I just feel like I’m missing something on that previous step.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!