A few questions from a n00b

Home Forums Public Discussion A few questions from a n00b

• Creator
    Topic
    Michael Zull

Game audio dudes and dudettes,

I’m an audio engineer with a little over 15 years of experience. I have worked in a broad range of roles, from live sound to tv/film post production and sound design to the music industry. I took a 4 year hiatus from audio and worked in IT, but have decided last year that I want to get back into doing audio full time, and I’d like to focus on the gaming industry. I’m having a hard time with prioritizing what I should be doing to get started on the right path to learning the tech and skills to be successful in the game industry. Any insight would be forever appreciated, and I look forward to discussing, hanging out, and working with everyone! I don’t know exactly where to begin as far as questions are concerned, but I do have a few that come to mind.

– What middleware should I learn first? What is the most popular one in the industry? FMOD, Wwise, Unity? Should I learn them all?
    – What is the most practical and efficient approach to learning, implementing, and creating demo material to shop to developers? I’m totally clueless as to how the game audio industry functions. Even a brief rundown of how I should go about things and how the industry flows would be of enormous help.

Thanks a ton for anyone who can chime in, I apologize for not being able to be really specific. I’m just looking for a general direction to head in to get started. Thanks!

Michael

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Tanner Howell
    Participant

What are your questions? haha

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.