Advice from professionals.

Home Forums Public Discussion Advice from professionals.

• Creator
    Topic
    Jack Hughes
    Participant

So i’ve managed to get a weeks work experience at one of the leading studios in the U.K
    My degree program has yet to teach me anything about game audio with i am unhappy with. Most of the knowledge i have gained has come from my own research. I want to be prepared so i have taken it upon myself to learn some basic FMOD skills. What exercises do your recommend trying to get more comfortable working with game audio?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    James Nixon
    Participant

Is this an internship or a job shadow opportunity? I would doubt they would expect you to be implementing in that scenario. There are plenty of advanced features in FMOD, but the game won’t necessarily support them all. I’d say focus on the basic terminology and creating simple sound events. Also, find out if they are using FMOD Designer or Studio so you know which to read up on.

James Nixon
    Participant

EDIT:

Is this an internship or a job shadow opportunity? I would doubt they would expect you to be implementing in that scenario. There are plenty of advanced features in FMOD, but the game won’t necessarily support them all. I’d say focus on the basic terminology and creating sound definitions and simple events. Also, find out if they are using FMOD Designer or Studio so you know which to read up on.

Jack Hughes
    Participant

Its just one week work experience. I guess it will be more of a shadowing thing.

Kevin Won

If you check up on the Youtube channel of FMOD, they have a great bunch of tutorial videos by Stephan Schutze.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.