GDC Talk: Finding The Spark – Working with Live Players – PARTS NEEDED!!

Home Forums Public Discussion GDC Talk: Finding The Spark – Working with Live Players – PARTS NEEDED!!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Austin Wintory 6 years, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Austin Wintory
    Participant

GANG MEMBERS ATTENDING GDC! My talk (linked below) will feature a segment interacting with a top studio cellist and flutist, discussing sessions and the dynamic b/w player and composer, etc (follow the link for full description). As part of the talk, they will sight read through a few examples of YOUR PARTS!

This will not be judged in ANY WAY. This is not the Demo Derby. The plan is to learn by simulating an actual session and getting tips from the players themselves. Compositional quality will not be part of this so please don’t hesitate about sending your parts!

Soooooo therefore … I NEED YOUR PARTS. Please send me a PDF by FRIDAY (March 14th). No need to compose something, I would love an actual cello part you might be recording (either meant for soloist or section) or previously did record. Also FYI the parts won’t be read simultaneously, so it doesn’t matter if they come from the same piece or not.

Email it to austin@austinwintory.com.

DEADLINE: Friday March 14th, 9pm.

http://schedule.gdconf.com/session-id/825973

Thank you!!
    -Austin

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Dan Reynolds
    Participant

Hey Austin,

I’m just seeing this, if you’re still looking (though I suspect you’ve probably had a decent response), I could transcribe a part for this old piece:

The cellist I originally worked with was fine with me just sending him the MIDI part. It’s quite a simple part and probably wouldn’t be too difficult to demonstrate/play.

Let me know if you’re still looking because I’ll be in the studio on the 14th until 3p or 4p on an unrelated project and I’ll have to transcribe the MIDI out to a part.

Dan Reynolds
    Participant

Also, I didn’t expect the Sound Cloud link to be so freakishly huge.

Austin Wintory
    Participant

Hey Dan – just saw your post; for some reason I accidentally didn’t click the email notification box and never saw you responded. So sorry! I think I’m covered, but thanks for posting this MEGA GIANT SOUNDCLOUD LINK!! 🙂

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.