Sound Design Resources

Home Forums Public Discussion Sound Design Resources

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Troy.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Troy

Hello! I’m just wondering if there are any good sources for making more “fantastic” sounds. My current client feels my sounds are too realistic and could be more whimsical/cartoony.

Any advice would be great! I can provide more info via private message if need be.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

are you looking for source material (sound libraries) or good processing plugins that help with that?

check out designingsound.org for their indie library updates, they always have good links to new and reasonably priced libraries.

For sound-designy plugins I like the Uh-He Ubick plugin suite a lot, the Sound Toys stuff is great, Valhalla Shimmer, OhmForce has some trippy stuff, there’s always the GRM tools (a bit pricier), some of the Waves stuff (the older boring looking plugins, like Doppler, Doubler, Enigma etc).

There are a lot of cartoony type of sound libraries, but they’re very HannaBarbera/WB sounding, and I find that if a dev wants ‘cartoony’ they never really want that because of the strong identification of vintage cartoon sounds.

Troy

Awesome advice! Thank you, Dren!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.