Soundcloud Critique?

Home Forums Public Discussion Soundcloud Critique?

• Creator
    Topic
    Richard Kidd

Hey peeps,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to browse through my Soundcloud portfolio and give me some useful tips and/or constructive criticism on what may need to be worked on or what pieces I could possible spotlight if I got a pro account.

I understand that not everyone has a lot of free time available.
    I have already gone thru and trimmed the fat, so to speak, I put a lot of tracks as private trying to keep what I felt was showcase worthy in the public. Another more skilled and unbiased ear would be great.

Rich

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Robert Blaauboer
    Participant

Hey, so I found your soundcloud through your portfolio and I’ve listened to a few.

Floatyman could use some longer notes or tonal basis so to say. Right now it sounds like you made it to fit a premade video.

Grooveback has nice percussion as with most of your tracks so in my opinion that’s one of your strongpoints. It has a nice buildup too, but the piano chords can become a bit stale after a while. Perhaps use some chord inversions in there to change it up.

Sins of an empire has very nice percussion but in my opinion could use some tonal basis that ties everything together and gives the piece direction. Still a nice piece though.

Gravity is very nice, lots of nice automation in there and the chaos in the track reminds me of some Metroid Prime stuff. Small thing though, the high notes can be a bit harsh in the mix.

So in general: try to change it up during the track, inversion, perhaps take a look at mediant relationships to introduce a whole new feel. (Quickest example I can find is one of my own: https://soundcloud.com/robertblaauboer/discovery) at about 1:10

Good Luck

Richard Kidd

Thanks for taking the time to locate it, I thought I had it listed in the post.
    I’ll link it for anyone else that would like to listen as well.

I DID create Floatyman to a video. 😀

Thanks again thanks for taking the time to listen. I really do appreciate at it, and definitely understand what you are saying. I really liked that track you used as an example to, it was really smooth.

I will work on those points mentioned.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.