Studio/Intern experinece in Boston or Seattle?

Home Forums Public Discussion Studio/Intern experinece in Boston or Seattle?

• Creator
    Topic
    Mathew Solomon
    Participant

This is sort of a vague question, but I’d love any advice on the subject.

For the past year, I have had a non-audio day job, and in my spare time, I took on as many projects as possible in game and film music production. I of course understand that I cannot just expect to suddenly be doing audio fulltime, but I am in general pretty dissatisfied with my lack of direct involvement in audio production, and I am currently at a point in my life where I am interested in making a big change.

Because of this, I have been toying with the idea of trying to intern or apprentice myself at a music production studio, post-production house, or something similar. I currently live in Boston, but I am considering making a big move to Seattle if it might provide me with better opportunities. My real interests lie in music composition and production for games, but any experience and networking opportunities in the audio production world would be great.

Does anyone have any insight in this regard? Any specific studios or people who I should reach out to, either in Boston or Seattle, just to gain more information? I am actually visiting Seattle right now, and will be here for another few days if anyone recommends somewhere for me to pop in and say hi.

Also, just as a side note, I’ve been to GDC twice and I’ve loved every interaction I’ve had with GANG so far. I hope I can become more involved in regular GANG functions in the future! Shame there isn’t a bigger presence on the east coast.

Thanks in advance!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.