Super Samples

Home Forums Public Discussion Super Samples

• Creator
    Topic

Hello friends,

I’ve recently decided I want to embarked on crafting a custom samples library. I’m looking for ideas on what other professionals use and love but also samples that has fallen below expectations.

So what say you?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    William Chrapcynski
    Participant

There really is a quite a bit to creating even simple sample libraries. For the most part, Kontakt is pretty universal these days and that’s always a good place to start. I’ve created (and sell) some simple libraries that I built from scratch and even those were quite labor intensive.

For sampling hardware synths (and even acoustic instruments), I’ve found Sample Robot to be quite a valuable piece of software. You still have to do a lot of work by hand but there are certain processes that it helps out with quite a bit.

I think that rare and unique instruments fall through the cracks quite a bit when it comes to sample libraries. A lot of smaller companies have been filling in the cracks during the past handful of years, though. Andrew Aversa and the folks from Impact Soundworks have done a really nice job putting out some quality stuff.

William,

Thanks for the tips. I’m aware of the intense labor ahead. Since I’m extremely interested in sound design as well, I feel like it will be a good way to hone my skills. I’ve also got an extremely good deal with the studio I work at so now it will just take finding some amazing players. Again , thanks for the tips.

Update: I just bought EastWest stuff instead! haha. Who has the time.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.