Where to Fin Work?

Home Forums Public Discussion Where to Fin Work?

• Creator
    Topic

Hey guys. I finally got a membership here, and I’m listed as a professional, but I don’t know the best ways to find jobs with all the game devs out there. I’m a music composer, voice actor, and Avid-Certified recording engineer, and I’ve been working for about 5 years scoring really small-time indie games and anime-based visual novels.

What are some of the best ways to connect with those looking for people of my experience? Where are some of the best job boards for something like that, or is that the kind of work I’d need an egent for? Any help, tips, or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

I’ve heard from a guy who recently got a job doing sound design for riot to check out meetups.com He came and talked at our school because he knew the drama teacher who did VO work with him. There’s also like contractors who you can work for that game companies go to when they need sound libraries or VO recording. This is coming from a student who has gathered info, not done it first hand, so take it with a grain of salt. I’d also like to find out where to look for work when that time comes.

Are you looking for employment or contract work? I’ve had a lot of luck recently finding contracts in the /r/gamedevclassifieds subreddit.

If you’re looking for employment, I’m probably not the best person to ask.

no real job boards for this stuff – game jams are a great place to meet people who are making games and to make new friends. They happen all the time and you can often work remotely. meet ups are great, meetup.com will have a lot of great stuff listed that’s game/audio related. Just get to know the communities and realize that it will take a while. You can always keep applying for jr. sound positions, set up google alerts for that stuff, and you might find a good fit

Kole Hicks
    Participant

As Dren mentioned, there isn’t really a single place/site to find this kind of work. I’ve found that to consistently work in Game Audio as a freelancer, I’ve had to be super persistent in not only networking with new developers, but checking in with old friends, & visiting a wide variety of sites for upcoming projects (where I might know someone working on it). With that said, Twitter & the #gamedev or #indiedev hashtags are sometimes good ways of finding new developers. Some of which may be looking for audio (or will be in the future).

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.