I. THE CODE AND WHAT IT MEANS
This Member Code of Conduct (“Code”) establishes a set of expectations and guidelines that all Members, Board of Directors, Officers, and Committee Members (collectively, “Members”) of the Game Audio Network Guild (“G.AN.G.”) shall follow in order to maintain a high standard of personal and professional conduct as Members of G.A.N.G.. This Code is binding on all Members and all Members are responsible for maintaining ethical behavior as set forth herein.
II. STATEMENT OF ETHICS
G.A.N.G. is committed to upholding a positive environment in which Members, staff, sponsors, and guests may engage with G.A.N.G. in a professional manner, reflecting constructive relationships and mutual respect within the game audio community. As such,G.A.N.G. has zero tolerance for inappropriate or unethical conduct or discrimination. G.A.N.G. will not tolerate, condone, or ignore unethical conduct or discrimination, and is committed to enforcing these standards at ALL Member levels.
There is no place in G.A.N.G. for people who abuse their status, power, or influence in a manner that violates recognized standards of decorum. Members are expected to act with due regard to public conventions and morals, to refrain from committing any act that will degrade themselves or G.A.N.G. in society, or prejudice, damage or harm the standing, reputation and/or best interests of G.A.N.G.its Members, Sponsors, and Guests.
The Code establishes two principles of conduct which all Members are expected to observe:
- Behave in a professionally appropriate and courteous manner toward other Members and G.A.N.G.’s personnel, sponsors and guests.
- Respect the rules and property of all organizations and venues (and their representatives) who host events held, sponsored, managed or affiliated with G.A.N.G. or on G.A.N.G.’s behalf.
IV: UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
Failure to observe these standards of conduct may result in disciplinary action, which could include restriction from event attendance or membership suspension. Behavior that would be considered unacceptable by G.A.N.G. includes:
- Exhibiting behavior that (i) is unruly, disruptive, lewd, or illegal in nature; or (ii) that endangers the health or safety of others, including behavior caused by intoxication or other impairment related to substance abuse.
- Knowingly and falsely (i) discrediting the reputation of another Member or Sponsoror (ii) defaming, maligning, or making false accusations concerning another Member or Sponsor
- Accessing or attempting to access ticketed G.A.N.G. events without a registered ticket; attempting to provide unauthorized access to an G.A.N.G. event to another person; or permitting another person to falsely present the Member’s identification as his or her own.
- Soliciting demos, business cards or printed material of a self-promotional or political nature at anA.N.G. event, especially to panel or special event guests.
- Taking photographs or recordings during panels or presentations where prohibited; soliciting or attempting to solicit autographs of any kind at events.
- Failing to follow the directions of event personnel regarding event operations, whether provided by G.A.N.G. or event staff.
- Behaving in a rude or derogatory manner towards G.A.N.G. or event staff.
- Any other action or activity, which could reasonably be construed as contrary or detrimental to the best interests of G.A.N.G.
- Members are responsible for their conduct as well as the conduct of their guests.
V: DISCIPLINARY ACTION
Violations of this Code shall be reviewed and resolved in accordance with procedures adopted by G.A.N.G. Board of Directors. Violations of the Code may result in disciplinary action, up to and including being refused admission or ejected from an event, being barred from future events, being removed or blocked from social media platforms or online groups, suspension or expulsion from G.A.N.G. membership, and if warranted, referral to law enforcement authorities
This Code is subject to change and may be amended, supplemented or superseded by one or more separate policies without further notice. G.A.N.G. Board Members are responsible for continuous review of this Code.