Attention Members of G.A.N.G.: We have 1 FREE Pass to attend the
‘NYU Scoring for Videogames Workshop’ this summer!
June 30 – July 5
Led by videogame composer powerhouse Tom Salta (Halo, Killer Instinct) and featuring industry professionals such as Gina Zdanowicz (Serial Lab), Jason Kanter (Avalanche Studios), the NYU Videogame Scoring Workshop will engage participants with the aesthetic and technical aspects of composing music for videogames. During this week-long workshop students will learn to use industry-standard software such as Wwise, approach nonlinear and multi-layered compositions, interface with industry professionals, and demonstrate their music in live-demos of gameplay. Over the course of the workshop, you’ll receive professional instruction how to:
- Use middleware software to implement musical layering.
- Develop compositional techniques for non-linear and interactive gameplay.
- Create professional mock-ups and final mixes. Integrate music into videogame play engines
As a participant, your work will be critiqued by Tom Salta, industry professionals, and NYU’s acclaimed Scoring for Film and Multimedia faculty, and demonstrated in live gameplay. https://steinhardt.nyu.edu/music/summer/scoringworkshops/videogames
G.A.N.G. Application Details:
- Open to all paid G.A.N.G. members at any level
- Please prepare a well-formatted PDF file with information below and question response.
- Please set the filename to LastNameFirstName_GANGNYUApp.pdf and send your application as an attachment to [email protected]. Specify “GANG NYU Workshop Application” as the subject line.
- Note: you do not need to be a student to apply
Your application pdf should include:
G.A.N.G. username or email.
Contact Email and Phone
Company or School Name
Link to 1-minute music sample demo: The link can be SoundCloud, YouTube, Reelcrafter, etc. Please link to only one specific demo (not to a web page with multiple samples)
Write a brief explanation of why you should receive this free pass
Application deadline is 5/27. Winner will be notified by 6/3.
Winner is responsible for their own travel and accommodations and may need to complete and submit additional application information to NYU directly upon enrollment in the workshop.